All I got to say is “If you’re in Milwaukee and not spending your Monday nights playing trivia at the Red Dot, You’re missing out.” We had another banger crowd last night. The humidity was high, the sweat was sweating, and brains were getting bigged.
Plus now we’ve got this projector system that enables me to put up massive pictures of Emanuelle Chriqui.
So recap this shit. And be there next week at 8pm.
1. Who is the head of the Springfield Mafia?
2. What is Marge’s maiden name?
3. Who voices the characters Moe, Chief Wiggum, and The Comic Book Guy, among many others?
4. What new name, inspired by a hair dryer did Homer once choose for himself?
5. In episode 95 what doll does Lisa Simpson help create to positively influence young girls, a counterpart to Malibu Stacy?
6. Who drew The Vitruvian Man?
7. What artist are these works credited to?
8. In November of 2006, what Dreamworks founder sold, #5, 1948 and Woman III, fetching the two highest prices for works of art in history?
9. Owned by the Milwaukee Art Museum and coveted by museums such as the Louvre, who does this Francisco de Zurbaran painting depict?
10. Who painted Study after Velazquez’s Portrait of Pope Innocent X?
11. Tens of thousands of files related to the war in Afghanistan were recently leaked to what website?
12. Who was recently ousted as CEO of BP?
13. Name the New York congressman, once head of the Ways and Means committee, now the subject of ethics charges including failing to pay income tax earned from his Caribbean villa?
14. Kaing Guek Eav, aka Duch, was sentenced to 35 years in prison for commanding the S-21 prison, where more than 14,000 people entered and just more than a dozen survived. Under what regime did he serve?
15. Twenty-one people were crushed to death and more than 500 more were injured recently at what German music festival?
16. Who was the first boxer to hold the IBF, WBA and WBC heavyweight titles simultaneously?
17. Who won the 2010 Tour de France?
18. In what Wisconsin town was Danica Patrick born?
19. Who is the last woman to win tennis’ grand slam, winning all four majors in the same calendar year?
20. Name the original six NHL teams
21. What Minneapolis nightclub, identified by the 531 stars painted on it’s exterior, was originally a Greyhound bus station and was featured in the film Purple Rain?
22. What NYC night club originally intended to play country, blue grass and blues, but became known for The Ramones, Blondie and the Talking Heads?
23. On what West Hollywood street would you find the nightclubs Whisky-a-go-go, The Roxy Theater and The Viper Room?
24. Dinosaur Jr., Mr. Lif, the Minibosses, and the Mighty Mighty Bosstones have all recorded works called “Live at the Middle East.” What city is The Middle East in?
25. On February 20, 2003 a fire broke out during a Great White set and killed 100 people at what Warwick, RI nightclub?
31. What Belgian guitar virtuoso popularized Gypsy Jazz?
32. Who released the albums Criss Cross, Straight, No Chaser, and Underground?
33. What style of Jazz is also one of the enemies of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?
34. What film director typically plays clarinet with the New Orleans Jazz Band every Monday at Manhattan’s Carlyle Hotel?
35. Composed by Fred Morton in 1905 and published in 1915, what is often considered the first Jazz arrangement to be published?
36. What country’s currency is known as the ‘dong?’
37. Where in the US would you find the American Numismatic Association Money Museum, that houses the largest circulating numismatic library in the world?
38. Ragnheidour Jonsdottir appears on the 5000 kronur banknote of what country?
39. In what country could you pay with Havelbluete, Agusta, and Chiemgauer?
40. What artist is featured on the 100 Swiss Franc Banknote, with his sculpture L’ Homme que Marche I?
41. River Phoenix
42. Wayne Brady
43. Emanuelle Chriqui
44. Karl Lagerfeld
46. Which of these East Side (Milwaukee) streets runs opposite the others: Frederick, Linnwood, Shepard?
47. What was the name of the TV reporter who befriended the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?
48. In what plant do you most commonly find Urushiol Oil?
49. In print and outdoor ads for watches what time is most likely displayed?
50. In the 1985 movie The Goonies, what was the name of One Eyed Willy’s ship?
51.Who portrayed ‘The Waco Kid’ in Blazing Saddles?
52. What Akira Kurosawa movie inspired the classic western The Magnificent Seven?
53. Who starred in the 1960 western Flaming Star?
54. Who directed A Fistfull of Dollars?
55. What character coined the phrase “Missouri Boatride?”
56. A popular game show which presents contestants with the answer and asks them to provide the question.
57. On what 1980′s game show were contestants known to yell “Big money, big money, big money, no whammies, STOP?”
58. What game show inspired the internet acronym ‘ftw?’
59. What 1979-80 game show hosted by Jim Peck used the tagline “Who knows a man better, his wife or his secretary?”
I saw the press release today that Luke Mitrani is officially head-to-toe Volcom this winter. Which is good for the V.Co. and probably doesn’t matter to the B.Co. But yeah, it’s time we start thinking about winter on these 90degree days.
I also got some press release from DC regarding the Xgames, but that one just went directly into my trash.